The Bohemian Poet

Michael Paul Ladanyi's work has been published worldwide in online a print poetry magazines. He is a three-time Pushcart Prize Nominee, and has served on the editorial boards of several magazines. He is also the author and/or co-author of nine books of poetry. Contact Michael Paul Ladanyi at poet_ladanyi@yahoo.com

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Autumn Is Staying For Dinner & Apparently The Night At Winter’s (Kristi Swadley)

in in in in in in
I am still bound by these inner walls
despite progress, knowing better, early days
scanning the landscape I know it is ever
there, waiting for crunches underfoot

seasons may be ending or beginning
I wouldn’t know, yet I do, I’m just waiting
twiddling thumbs & should be marking
passage of a different time, but does it ever
really change?

the jury is out on whether the glass is
half empty or half full, a verdict could
be reached if the foreman would just stop
urinating on the evidence, defecation
written all over his face, the others
drop their heads into hands

cooking shows make it look so easy, but
I’m not one gasping for gossip, I’ve got
my priorities straight, I never could keep
the ice cream from melting before the
ticker went off, startling me out of my canisters
tell me, are you surprised?

(Copyright (c) 2005 Kristi Swadley)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristi, you write like some people with they could paint.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind compliment, Aurora. I'm flattered. Truly.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Michael Paul Ladanyi said...

You never toe the "what a poet should write about" line; you erase the shit out of it.

I love your work.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home