The Bohemian Poet

Michael Paul Ladanyi's work has been published worldwide in online a print poetry magazines. He is a three-time Pushcart Prize Nominee, and has served on the editorial boards of several magazines. He is also the author and/or co-author of nine books of poetry. Contact Michael Paul Ladanyi at poet_ladanyi@yahoo.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

not everything i say has to make sense or have a name for that matter

i judged myself too harshly
by you
you never said a word
i know
i said enough to fill
your silences
didn’t know you had not
said anything
did you?
not to worry
no big deal
it wasn’t your fault
honestly
it’s not you
it’s me
good thing you
don’t know who
you are
else you would
read this
and think me
dangerous

(Copyright (c) 2004 Kristi Swadley. Originally appeared in Ygdrasil, December 2004.)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a powerful write! So far, this is my favourite Kristi poem.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Donna Kuhn said...

yes that has a bite
the title pulled me right in
it woke me up

9:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Aurora. :)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good. It was intended to bite. Thanks, Donna. :)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Pat Paulk said...

The thunder of silence! Excellent poem!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Michael Paul Ladanyi said...

Yes, yes, yes.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you, Pat. I appreciate your words.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Michael, all I can do is smile. Thank you.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its always a joy to run across a bit of poetry while blogging alone and I am glad that I came across your poetry.

1:02 PM  
Blogger harry k stammer said...

kristie, love this one. haven't spoken to you in a while. i'm glad to see you writing!

cheers, harry

10:47 AM  
Blogger Just me said...

Hi New to the site I love it

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home