The Bohemian Poet

Michael Paul Ladanyi's work has been published worldwide in online a print poetry magazines. He is a three-time Pushcart Prize Nominee, and has served on the editorial boards of several magazines. He is also the author and/or co-author of nine books of poetry. Contact Michael Paul Ladanyi at poet_ladanyi@yahoo.com

Monday, December 26, 2005

Breaking Up Via Bukowski

I woulda fucked Bukowski
yeah yeah you heard me
I woulda always been on top
though
don't ask me why I just
said that
could be that whole control
freak issue
whatever

I can't stand beer
and I have to be in the mood
for Mozart which I
never am
but the whores
now them
I woulda asked to join in

he woulda fucked the both of us
and then left us alone
while he took a good beershit
maybe he’d come back out
masturbate while we
went at it

but also
we woulda butted heads
sure
two poets?
what do you think?

we woulda brought out
the worst in each other
like you and I do now
only I don't
love
you

(Copyright (c) 2004 Kristi Swadley. First published by The Redbridge Review, August 2004.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael Paul Ladanyi said...

I love it. I really love it.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks. It's one of my personal favorites.

11:34 PM  
Blogger hardyf said...

that was great. super great. buk is for sure. reminds me of a poem i heard in montreal once.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Just me said...

Love it..I feel Ive been there.....if u will

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home