The Bohemian Poet

Michael Paul Ladanyi's work has been published worldwide in online a print poetry magazines. He is a three-time Pushcart Prize Nominee, and has served on the editorial boards of several magazines. He is also the author and/or co-author of nine books of poetry. Contact Michael Paul Ladanyi at poet_ladanyi@yahoo.com

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Exquisite Love (Posted in French and English, Aurora Antonovic)

L’Amour Exquis

L’heure d’amour
Est très exquis,
Plus magnifique que des mots peuvent le dire!Il m’appele,
Il me chante,
“Non, je ne vous oublirai pas!”
Je viendrai chez vous,
Quand vous ne l’attendez pas.”

L’amour me visite la nuit,
L’amour chuchote mon nom,
Comme le chatouillement d’une plume,
Il respire sur mon visage
Avec iris de Florence,
Et bois de santal de Mysore,Avec de promesses de grandes choses
Qui s’accrochent dans l’air,
Sans aucune illusions,
Mais seuleument la réalité

L’amour exquis
Sera le mien
Ainsi promis
Du commencement


Exquisite Love

Exquisite hour of love,
Magnificent beyond words!It calls to me,
It sings to me,
“No, I won’t forget you,
I will come back to you
When you least expect it.”Love creeps to me at night,
Whispering my name,
Like a tickle from a feather,
It breathes in my face
With iris from Florence
And Mysore sandalwood
With promises of great things
That hang in the air
No illusions, only reality

Exquisite love
Will be mine
It has been promised
Since the beginning.

(Copyright (C) 2005, Aurora Antonovic. Previously published in Subtle Tea, Poetic Voices, and Banks of the Little Miami)

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael Paul Ladanyi said...

Fine work, as always. Welcome.

Michael

10:45 AM  
Blogger Pat Paulk said...

I've followed your poetry through hovels and palaces, it always puts a tickle in this jester's toes.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Michael Paul Ladanyi said...

Pasting this for Rocky. He placed it in the wrong place.

Rocky said...
I would like to comment on your poem "Exquisite Love"

Rocky said:

It a poem that sends you to a place of romance & chivalry. A place where your heart is gently held by your love.

So thank you for a lovely poem of "L’Amour Exquis"

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Aurora,
I'm always impressed with your linguistic adventurousness, but I'm most impressed by the energy of the feeling here.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minerva, thanks for commenting. The photographs in your link are amazing, as always.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home